Sunflower Hill (SFH) is dedicated to creating places and spaces where adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive. This is accomplished by co-developing independent living affordable housing and by creating programs and activities for residents and program participants in-person, virtually in-person, and pre-recorded.
Reporting to the Communications and Administration Manager, and working closely with the Executive Director, the Administrative and Human Resources Coordinator will perform a variety of administrative tasks related to successful day-to-day operations. This position will be responsible for Accounts Payable, administration of payroll, monitoring benefits, insurance and worker’s compensation. Additionally, this position will be the main point of contact for IT and telecommunications and will work closely with all departments within the organization, acting as the main point of contact for ordering office supplies and office management. This position will also act as the Volunteer Coordinator. Some nights and weekends may be required.
The essential functions listed below are general examples and not a description of comprehensive duties. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on program needs without changing nature or scope of this position or level of responsibility. May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Administration and Human Resources duties:
- First point of contact to the general public: using provided scripts, manage the Organization’s main email box to respond to general inquiries. Answer the office phone, provide accurate information, and direct callers to the appropriate department.
- Partner with the Executive Director to manage the overall lifecycle of employees: staffing, background checks, on-boarding/training, employee relations, benefits, ergonomics, records management, worker’s compensation, safety and terminations.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal and state employment law, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA). Advise Executive Director on applicable changes.
- Manage the ADP database, adding new hires, terminating employees, processing status change updates and general discrepancy audits. Process bi-weekly payroll ensuring time-off tracking forms are submitted and approved as applicable.
- Maintain and update employment policies and handbook as applicable.
- Manage the Administrative Assistant to include tasking of work, weekly 1:1 meetings, task training, coaching, and scheduling/time off coordination and review.
- Regular interaction/coordination with other SFH vendors, partners, landlord and other building tenants.
- Assist with picking up mail from the PO Box in Pleasanton, open and distribute accordingly.
- Assist Executive Director with Board and Committee meeting preparation. Attend Board meetings, compile meeting notes and keep Board Binder up to date.
- Maintain and update company filings: general organizational files, HR files, and Accounts Payable.
- Manage asset tracking, petty cash, office supplies and purchasing of needed items for Administration and other department special requests.
- Partner with Communications and Administration Manager to assist with microbusiness administration to include order processing, shipping orders, online systems management (Shopify), inventory control, harvest cash box balances and monthly reporting.
- Coordinate organizational calendar: send meeting invites for staff meetings, special events, etc.
- Assist with special events, programmatic events and external communications events.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, including active participation in the prompt identification and communication of safety hazards. Assist with managing COVID-19 guidelines, and OSHA postings.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Accounts Payable duties:
- Process invoices, credit card purchases and expense reports in QuickBooks daily and run check payment weekly.
- Ensure check figures, postings and vendor information is correct and supporting documentation and approvals accompanies payment requests for Accounting files.
- Reconcile credit cards monthly with purchase receipts for payment and reconcile reports for month-end process.
- Interface with company bookkeeper consultant to assist with month-end needs as applicable.
Volunteer Coordinator duties
- First point of contact for new volunteer applicants as well as existing volunteers to help answer any questions that may arise.
- Manager the volunteer tracking database (Volgistics) by entering new jobs and scheduling volunteer work shifts.
- Following established process and policy, ensure background checks are completed for all volunteers.
Hours offered per week: 30-40 hours total
- Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm
- Occasional nights and weekends may be required.
- Onsite with some remote flexibility.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of Human Resource Administration and/or Office Manager experience.
- Prior QuickBooks experience desired.
- Prior ADP database management desired.
Licensure and Other Requirements
- Ability to pass background check.
- Valid DMV license and Auto insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Proven relationship management ability spanning all levels of an organization.
- Strong critical thinking. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify and problem solve, and escalate to management when necessary.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to multitask and work independently.
- A flexible and supportive approach toward working with teams.
- Intermediate or higher computer skills: MS Office applications with the ability to quickly learn new software as needed.
- Must be comfortable working with people with all abilities.
- Ability to operate standard office machines: printer/scanner, voice mail system, and laminator.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interact with computers and general office equipment.
- Heavy computer work: sitting and repetitive hand movements associated with keyboard and mouse use.
- Light standing, walking/ moving around an office environment.
- Ability to lift 10-20 pounds on an infrequent, but regular basis.
- Ability to work in a moderately noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Occasional visits to Sunflower Hill Garden – dusty, rocky and uneven dirt paths.
- Occasional visits to our Residential communities.
- This role is primarily based the office, but does have flexibility to work remotely on occasion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sunflower Hill strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment and volunteering. Accordingly, Sunflower Hill does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job or volunteer requirements.
To apply for the Administrative and Human Resources Coordinator position, please email us a cover letter and resume.